“The Model of Youth at 75”- (Clean and Green City Sri Lanka).
The program, “Clean and Green City Sri Lanka”, organized by the Ministry of Sports & Youth Affairs, National Youth Services Council, and Sri Lanka Federation of Youth Clubs as per the concept of Hon. Roshan Ranasinghe, the Minister of Sports & Youth Affairs will be implemented throughout a week starting from the 03rd of February 2023. This program operates in line with the 75th Independence Celebrations on the 04th of February 2023, through selected cities representing each Divisional Secretariat of Sri Lanka, and expects to obtain the contribution and intervention of the Sri Lankan youth community.
The Opening Ceremony of this program was held on 03.02.2023 at 9.00 a.m. at the National Youth Services Council with the patronage of Mr.K. Mahesan, the Secretary to the Ministry of Sports & Youth Affairs, Dr. Thiran De Silva, the Chairman/ Director General of the National Youth Services Council and Ms. Dilrukshi Walpola, the Divisional Secretary of the Maharagama Divisional Secretariat.
This program of cleaning the city started in 05 locations in Maharagama City as follows.
01) From Maharagama Bodhi to Wattegedara.
02. From Maharagama Bodhi Area to Laugf Supermarket on Old Road (Including Pamunuwa)
03. From Maharagama Bodhi Area to the National Institute of Education (High-level Road)
04. From Maharagama Clock Tower Junction to the Apeksha Hospital Junction in Dehiwala Junction.
05. From Food City (Cargill’s) in Maharagama-Dehiwala Road to 500 m in Piliyanadala Road.
The Staff of the National Youth Services Council, Maharagama Divisional Secretariat, Municipal Council, Police, PHI Office-Maharagama, Schools, the young community of Maharagama, the business community, and the general public were actively involved in this program.